Email scams are on the increase. Be aware that emails and websites might not be what they seem. If you suspect you've received a fraudulent email, please forward it to our investigation team at email@example.com and then delete it from your inbox without responding. This information will be used to help reduce internet fraud.
- HWC does not have residential addresses. To verify our locations, see the Location icon listed above.
- If you receive a purchase order from someone claiming to be HWC, call our toll-free number at 1-800-HOUWIRE.
- It would be rare that HWC would issue a check to an individual. If you receive a check from HWC, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to verify validity.
- HWC does not post job opportunities on Craig's List or Hot Jobs.com.
Other Internet Crime Prevention Tips
- You may receive emails or be directed to websites that ask you to enter personal information. The aim of many of these email scams is to take you to websites that may look like the houwire.com site but are in fact 'spoof' web sites. When you click on a link or enter personal details, the information is sent to someone other than your service provider.
- Don't be fooled. Representatives from HWC may email you from time to time, but will never send you an email asking you to enter banking/personal details through an email or a website.
- Protect yourself and your computer by having up-to-date anti-virus software, operating systems and firewalls.