Type P Cable
Type P Cables are specifically designed for installation and use in harsh environments found within offshore and onshore drilling rigs. These extreme environments may include severe cold, high heat, constant vibration, drilling mud, mechanical stress, and salt corrosion.
As reliability on drilling rigs is a must, it is necessary to have cables in stock which conform to strict standards and approvals. Houston Wire & Cable Company is an authorized distributor of Gexol® oil & gas cables.
Severe Cold Durability
Drilling Mud Resistant
- Insulation: Cross-linked flame retardant polyolefin
- Jacket: Arctic grade, flame retardant, oil, abrasion, chemical and sunlight resistant CPE
- High strand count: making cable flexible, easy to install and resistant to vibration
- Armor (optional): Basket weave wire armor, bronze standard
Standards and Approvals
- 110°C Temperature Rating
- IEEE 1580 Type P (Recommended practice for Marine Cable)
- UL 1309 (Marine Shipboard Cable)
- CSA 245 (Marine Shipboard Cable)
- ABS (American Bureau of Shipping)
- DNV (Det Norske Veritas)
- LRS (Lloyd’s Register of Shipping)
- USCG (United States Coast Guard)
- TCMS (Transport Canada)
Gexol® is a registered trademark of Nexans-AmerCable.