Copper Clad Ground Rods
Proudly made in the USA, HWC carries copper clad ground rods which have a heavy, uniform coating of copper metallurgically bonded to a rigid steel core for optimum performance. Where needed, the copper ground rods are color-coded based on specified sizes.
- UL Listed rods have 10-mil minimum (254 microns) copper plating
- UL/RUS models have 13-mil minimum of copper; though 10-mil coating is acceptable
- Rods less than eight feet or less than 10 mils of copper, do not meet UL requirements, nor the NEC Code
- HWC Copper Coated ground Rods are manufactured in the USA
- Color coded to reduce errors
Ground rods, clamps and connectors are used in a wide variety of demanding applications such as: electric power, lightning protection, cable television, data & telecommunications, industrial & commercial buildings, and residential construction.
When you have to go that extra mile, HWC's Made-In-The-USA copper threaded ground rods are threaded on both ends to allow for continuous extension. Sought after by engineers, builders, and contractors from coast to coast, HWC's copper sectional ground rods have a heavy, uniform coating of copper metallurgically bonded to a rigid steel core for optimum performance. Remember to check with your HWC Ground Rod Experts if you have any questions on what connectors to use if you are unsure.