Fiber Optic Cables
Houston Wire & Cable Company stocks Belden Fiber Optic cables including indoor, indoor/outdoor, outdoor, in loose tube and tight buffer constructions, ranging from 6-24 fiber counts.
With the expansion of Ethernet in the industrial market, the use of Fiber Optic cable is expanding rapidly, not only in backbone applications but also in control level and device applications. The move to extended distance and high data rates has made the use of fiber a requirement in many applications. Fiber Optic cable also offers superior noise immunity and no electronic noise generation.
Houston Wire & Cable offers cables which meet the needs of protected as well as harsh environments including Belden’s TrayOptic construction. Cables are offered in OM1, OM2, OM3, and OM4 Multimode fibers; as well as both standard and bend insensitive Single-Mode fibers. Composite cables are also available with both optical fiber and metallic conductors in them.
- FiberExpress Interconnect Cables - Tight Buffer — Riser & Plenum Rated
- FiberExpress Breakout Cables - Tight Buffer — Indoor Riser, Plenum & LSZH Rated
- FiberExpress Distribution Cables - Tight Buffer — Indoor Riser & Plenum Rated
- FiberExpress Armored Distribution Cables - Tight Buffer — Indoor, Riser and Plenum Rated
- FiberExpress Brilliance Tactical Cables - Tight Buffer - Outdoor
- Single Jacket, All Dielectric Loose Tube Cables - Loose Tube — Outdoor, and Indoor/Outdoor Riser & LSZH Rated
- Double Jacket, Armored Loose Tube Cables (OSP Type) - Loose Tube – Outdoor, and Indoor/Outdoor Riser Rated
- Double Jacket, Heavy-Duty Loose Tube Cables - Loose Tube — Outdoor
- Central Tube Cables - Loose Tube — Outdoor, and Outdoor Armored
Houston Wire & Cable features Belden’s TrayOptic® Fiber Optic Cables designed specifically for harsh environments that are indoor and outdoor rated and can be deployed in cable trays.
All TrayOptic® products utilize Laser Certified Fiber to handle Gigabit Ethernet light sources and any expanded bandwidth requirements, as well as water-blocking capability for moisture protection and burial application. TrayOptic® cable passes IEEE 1202/583-2003 flame test. CPE outer jacket option provides extra chemical or abrasion resistance. Heavy duty double jacket provides excellent crush and impact resistance.
- TrayOptic® Industrial, Heavy-Duty, All Dielectric Cables - Loose Tube — Indoor/Outdoor Riser Rated