Radix Fire Alarm Cable
Reliability. Survivability. When it Counts.
DuraLife™ FPL Cable by Radix.
HWC has partnerd with the industry leader in specality UL 2-Hour Fire Rated Cable - Radix Wire of Ohio. Since 1944, Radix has crafted a reputation of innovation, creativity, and research to propel them to the forefront of specialty cable designed to work in the most demanding of environments. When seconds count, Radix delivers with products such as the DuraLifeTM FPL cable.
What is DuraLife® FPL from Radix?
Let's start with the awesome part. Radix's DuraLife® FPL has the industry distinction of being the first flexible silicone rubber insulated fire alarm cable recertified under UL 2196. As always, HWC partners with innovators in everything we do, and our partnership with Radix is no exception as Radix represents the best in class of what they do in this specialty cable space.
Backed by best-in-class engineering support, Radix DuraLife® FPL from HWC allows your distribution business to add a line of cable that is the 2-hour fire rated alarm cable of choice for hospitals, healthcare facilities, high rises, sports arenas, Federal buildings, and mission critical infrastructure and disaster recovery ("DR") facilities. Not only will you stand out, you will fill a required need that is often overlooked.
Why DuraLife® FPL from Radix?
The reasons are many, so let's start with the fact that with this offering, HWC captures Radix's leadership in the market and our Radix's DuraLife® FPL experts can provide you a wide range of shielded and unshielded constructions in a variety of sizes (12AWG, 14AWG, 16AWG, and 18AWG) withe the highest fill rates and conductor options. The advantages of selecting Radix's DuraLife® FPL UL 2196 Fire Rated Alarm Cables from HWC include a host of technical advantages over similar-styled cables:
- Meets National Fire Protection Code (NFPA 70 & 72)
- Fire Alarm Survivability Circuit Requirements
- UL 2196 Certified
- UL 1424 Listed
- 300V, 90° C Classified (75° C for shielded)
- Oxygen-Free Bare Copper (OFHC) Conductors
- Proprietary Ceramifiable Silicone Rubber Insulation
- Low Smoke / Zero Halogen
- 18 AWG - 16 AWG - 14 AWG 2-Conductor Shielded
- 16 AWG - 14 AWG - 12 AWG 2-Conductor Unshielded
- 16 AWG 4-Conductor Unshielded
- Circuit Integrity in Conduit (CIC)
- Available in 1,000', 2,000' and 5,000' Standard Length Reels
- Up to 10 Cables in a single raceway
- Patent Pending